I took a day off from the building work yesterday, which means I get to spend time with my notebook. In the afternoon, after lunch, I sat under the hawthorn tree and flicked through some art press. I made a few scribbles, then I sat back in my chair, put my hat over my face so that I could study its inside, and thought... As I dozed off I reconciled a piece of work - the missing link, the title, it all came together perfectly. Now I can't remember what it was.

I have been making notes and sketches for the next phase of work. I am excited by them, and a little bit scared - in a positive way, if such a thing is possible.

'John gets his camera out.

After a while he says, "This is the hardest stuff in the world to photograph. You need a three-hundred-and-sixty-degree lens, or something. You see it, and then you look down in the ground glass and it's just nothing. As soon as you put a border on it, it's gone." ' - Robert Persig, ZATAOMM

No comments:

Post a Comment