I saw from a very perfunctory statement on their website that Madder 139 had closed. I spoke to Debbie not long after their re-relocation from Vyner Street back to Whitecross Street. I am a fan of much of what they have shown, so it was good to hear (via Mark Scott-Wood) that they are relaunching as Carslaw St*Lukes.

John Moore's has just announced the winner of this year's prize. Who I thought would win was not the same as who I thought should win, so I am pleased that my guess was wrong. The Liverpool Biennial also starts today. I was given a 'VIP' pass when I was there last, but had to catch my plane and was unable to take advantage. I'll have to try to make sure I have reason to be there for the next.

I have tested the electrics on my mystery purchase from a few days ago, and they work. There is an unexpected 'beep beep beep beep' too. I'll have to think about whether that is a good thing or not - it would be enough to thoroughly irritate anyone seeing the work, never mind someone invigilating at an exhibition. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment