I found this buzzard feather in the garden. At first I photographed against a background of the grass, but it looks so much better against the sky, where it belongs.

It frustrates me when I can't capture certain lights - in this case the low evening sun made the grass shine like threads of gold, but it never really translates to a static image.

I had been playing frisbee with the dog this evening, and suddenly she started to bark and paw at something under the trees. I thought it must be a snake, and since there are adders in numbers I shouted at her to leave and ran over. She had found a mole above ground, and the poor little thing had been flipped onto its back and was squeaking. I didn't know moles made a noise. Its little chest was pounding. I turned it the right way up and it scurried under the leaf litter and was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment