I have started another new work, and have come across an unexpected side effect of the materials I am using. It has caused me to consider whether or not I should take advantage - whether it is serendipity, or an unwanted diversion. Is it a step away from the original concept, and if it is, does it matter? Although I constantly experiment with concept I don't often experience quite this sensation, because I usually envisage the outcome exactly by the time I start to make the physical work. It's certainly a healthy thing, this little uncertainty, because I am the first to admit that some of the works that excite me the most are those that come from stepping into the void. In this case, at least, I have plenty of time to consider before I commit one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment