Treignac Projet

Walking along the track this morning, I was musing how very alike - and how very different - this is to life in England. In actual fact, I was wondering what the impact on my practice would be were I here year-round. For example, the things that spark my imagination as I walk along the beach. Would they be the same here? Would my practice, and hence my work, be affected - and if so, how? I began to be concerned. I remembered that some of the work that I consider to be among my best was conceived here. Just as I was thinking about all of this, an idea for a work began to surface in the back of my mind..... That doesn't mean that the issue is resolved, necessarily. But what the hell, the sun is shining.

I had a good day (albeit extremely hot) working on the roof. In between the noise of me hammering away there were the sounds of my neighbour cutting hay, a soft warm breeze in the leaves, birds and crickets singing, dogs panting.

I paid a long overdue visit to the Treignac Projet (Treignac, France) this evening, for the PV of their new exhibitions: Paintings by Hendrik Wittkopf and Basuhaus by Sam Basu. I first met Sam a couple of years ago, at Aspex in Portsmouth, England. The Treignac Projet is very exciting, and the exhibitions were extremely engaging, elements of which made certain connections in the context my current work. I'll write more about the Projet when I have had chance to digest.

Natalie Dowse, Caravan Gallery and Kate Smith have also all reported their own good news during the last 24 hours. It's good to see things coming together.
 Hendrik Wittkopf
 Hendrik Wittkopf
Hendrik Wittkopf (+ view of ground floor space)

 Sam Basu
Sam Basu

No comments:

Post a Comment