Yesterday morning's walk ended abruptly when the dog swallowed hooks on discarded fishing line. I was at the farthest point of the walk and had to get the dog to the vet as quickly as possible - with fishing line hanging from her mouth. The vet took her in immediately for x-rays and operation. It transpired that there were two hooks in her stomach - one of them huge - attached to the line. Seeing them in the x rays, in direct proportion to her body - was a shock. There was a point last night when it looked as though she was not going to make it to the morning, but happily, so far, she seems to be on the road to recovery.
Blogger was down world-wide for a considerable time yesterday, and at the time of writing some of the comments have disappeared. Hopefully they will be re-instated shortly, but if not please don't think I have deleted them - I appreciate all your comments!