Ghost

At the end of 2010 I found a tiny slip of paper which is the focus of this work. I used social media to try to find out the meaning of what was contained in the message, and the title 'Ghost' is a reference to something in one of the responses I received. For the original sender there is a profound emotional investment in the message, as well as for those who generously took the trouble to contact me. It was important to me not simply to acknowledge this, but to reflect it in the work.

The work partially involves the viewer being able to move around the piece and to view it from a constantly shifting point of view. A static image doesn't do it justice. I have added a few more images on my website, but I am going to consider an alternative, possibly video, to represent the work more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment