The process of translating an idea into reality is harder sometimes than at others, particularly when the idea is to do with the representation of a particular moment in time. I'm trying to capture the sense of something from my childhood, which is crystal clear in my mind, but I'm finding the manifestation more elusive than I expected. I have made a few attempts - a drawing - but it isn't working for me.

I have been devoting most of my time to the new body of work. It has been going well, but I felt the need to take a break from it.

I took a shower to clear my head, and thanks to the wonderful weather today, stood in the garden looking at the night sky in just t-shirt and jeans. I'm reluctant to leave this new drawing having started it, but I think I need to set it to one side for a while. I'll see how I feel about it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment