White wall

The white wall proved itself. I was able to develop a sketchbook idea in ways that would not have been possible otherwise. Having the means to lay the work out actual size meant that not only was I able to fine-tune details, significantly I was also able to visualise a development to the work that I had not previously conceived. This transformed the piece. It is clear that I will have to take steps to ensure that I have a similar facility somehow. As things stand that could be a problem.

I had a good conversation with a friend yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. ... a lovely conversation which wasn't helped by a certain dog who is clearly feeling much better, and started to act like a spoilt child, misbehaving, showing off, and generally being a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you using the studio in such a positive way Phil. Twiggy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) It is making a big difference. The dog is starting to get the hang of it, too!

    ReplyDelete