Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.
-Pablo Picasso

Thinking is harder work than hard work.
- Leo Rosten

I got through some admin yesterday, and sent off an application. I'm not sure if it's appropriate, but I'll see. I can worry about that if I get accepted. Made some more notes and sketches in my notebook yesterday evening, mostly refining earlier thoughts. I need to be in my studio, now.

Someone - I can't quite recall who (not that it matters. In fact, that is my point: That particular detail is irrelevant) - kept a wardrobe of identical shirts, jackets, trousers etc., on the premise that it obviated the need to waste thinking time making a decision what to wear. Metaphorically speaking, that seems such a good idea, for sometimes it feels as though my head is so full of things that the only way to make room is to delete something first. Occasionally, if I have a lot of things to do, I can feel so overwhelmed that I can't start on anything. My answer is to make a list, then I can quickly begin to cross things off. Starting on the new works will be a step in the right direction. I am keen to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment